The City of San Jose initiated its Clean Air Vehicle Parking Program in 2001 to encourage reduced vehicle emissions, stimulate downtown activity, and increase sales of clean-air vehicles at San Jose auto dealerships. The program provides FREE parking at four City parking garages in the downtown area, on-street parking meters citywide, and San Jose regional parks.
- Your vehicle must be registered in San Jose or purchased from a licensed dealership in San Jose.
- Your vehicle must be eligible for the California Air Resources Board Green or White State of California Carpool lane sticker. Vehicles eligible for the Green or White California Carpool lane sticker can be found at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEV) are also eligible.
To join the program:
1. San Jose auto dealerships should distribute an application for the program at the point of sale. Or, download Clean Air Vehicle Parking Permit Application (PDF).
2. Complete the application, including the following:
- Copy of the bill of sale
- Copy of DMV Registration
- $30 administrative fee, with check made out to “City of San Jose DOT”
3. Mail the application to the City of San Jose Department of Transportation 200 E. Santa Clara St., CA 95113. Or apply in person at City Hall, 200 E. Santa Clara St., first level, window #3.
- All eligible clean-air vehicles must display a valid Clean-Air Vehicle Parking Permit purchased after June 2011.
- Be sure to adhere to the posted time restrictions at all parking meters.
- Participating Garages: Fourth Street (at San Fernando Street), (75 North) Third Street, Second & San Carlos Street, and Market & San Pedro.